5/7/12

Ahn Min Jeong




Self-Portrait, digital print, 2007
(88×210.3cm)

Stunning autobiographic data analytics based illustrations created by south korean Ahn Min Jeong who says; “My work appears to be emotionless and analytic, but when you take a close look at it, the majority of my work employs motifs from personal memories, people around me and things that I have.”


Six-Membered Family Portrait: Mother Distributed Aloes of Her Own Cultivation among Her Family, digital print, 2007
(400×78.4cm)

"In the piece, six members of my family gathered together massaging with aloes that my mother had grown herself. Through this artwork, I tried to capture stories of family and the relationships between family members. The halo around the mother’s head represents her warm energy and aura. Yellow rays coming out from the mother’s forehead represent the “light of love” that she has toward her family. Also, I used the hormone, Oxytocin which is related to motherhood, for my older sister’s love and care for her baby sister."
 

No hay comentarios: